Welcome to the monthly Yieldr update. Here are the airline industry headlines that caught our attention in February.
We added advanced Facebook ad targeting, which means we can sync data directly with Facebook without any restrictions. Check out the product update for more details.
A while has passed since Yieldr's early days when Software Engineering was first established. Our CTO Alex goes through how the our stack has evolved since 2012. You can also read about Loek, our junior financial officer.
- Sustainability: Here are 7 ways airlines can be more eco-friendly.
- Infographic: What can we expect for passengers? Check the 2019 forecasts.
- Aircraft: Here's why narrow-body aircraft are game-changers.
- NDC Levels: We prepared a top-level summary of NDC certification levels.
- RM & NDC: We look at the RM trends & concepts influenced by NDC.
- RM's Future: What lies in the future for airline revenue management?
Growth for Airlines
Our final two articles of our Growth Framework for Airlines series are out. Part 3 looks at personalization and dynamic pricing. Part 4 focuses on direct distribution and demand forecasting. Missed out on the first two? Catch up on Part 1 and Part 2.
Airlines have been moving toward smaller and more efficient aircraft. As a result, Airbus will stop making the world's biggest passenger plane, the A380, in 2021.
Marking the next chapter in Amadeus and Qantas’ longstanding partnership, Amadeus has signed a new distribution agreement with Qantas.
Delta and EasyJet may invest over $450 million to revamp the struggling Italian airline Alitalia. As part of the deal, they may get up to 40% in the new company.
Airbnb has hired airline industry veteran Fred Reid as global head of transportation. Reid says there are "tremendous opportunities", so will Airbnb conquer the skies?
Stay tuned for the debut of Honeywell's hybrid-electric turbogenerator for electric aircraft. This tech could enable aircraft designers to create more advanced planes.
The UN’s Corsia scheme is designed to ensure that CO2 emissions from international flights after 2020 will be carbon neutral. Here's how Corsia will work.
In its February meeting, ICAO established global measures to address aviation’s environmental impact, addressing noise, local air quality and global climate.
The Best of the Rest
- United Airlines Argues It Can Block Expedia From Future Fares
- IATA Releases 2018 Airline Safety Performance
- Why a Major Indian Airline Is Being Sold for 1 Cent
- Why AirAsia Boosts Marketing During A Crisis
- What We Know About Japan Airlines New Low Cost Long Haul Carrier
- Spirit Airlines Gets Boost From Dynamic Pricing