We hope you had a great start to 2019! Want a recap of airline industry news? Here's what made headlines in January.
Yieldr Air Update
We kicked off 2019 with some significant additions to Yieldr Air.
- We added two major email platforms for your abandoned cart campaigns.
- We made updates to Analytics, including new options for filters and graphs.
Check out the full Yieldr Air Update for all the details.
Are you responsible for making revenue decisions at your airline? Book a custom demo meeting directly with us to see how Yieldr Air can make your airline more profitable, efficient and sustainable.
Schedule your demo
If you're interested in our company culture, here's why we love international holidays. You can also read about Phoebe, our growth marketer. If you've ever asked yourself, "What does Yieldr actually do for airlines?", it's time to learn!
We shared the first two articles of our Growth Framework for Airlines series. Part 1 discusses the what and why of the airline growth framework. Part 2 shows how to implement growth. There are two more to come, so stay tuned!
Let's start off with positive news by celebrating safety in aviation! Qantas, Air New Zealand and Alaska Airlines topped the list of the world's safest airlines.
Norwegian Air announced it will raise money through a share rights issue. It also raises the question, is the low-cost long-haul airline model too good to be true?
The struggling British regional airline Flybe will continue flying. It's being bought for just £2.2 million by a consortium including Virgin Atlantic and Stobart Group.
Qatar Airways has been seeking new partners. In a move to gain access to the fast-growing Chinese market, the airline has acquired 5% of China Southern Air.
It's early days, but Airlines Reporting Corp's new experimental blockchain could lead to distribution alternatives to bypassing global distribution systems.
Game-changing tech will impact how airlines sell tickets. What could things look like in 2030? Here are four scenarios for the future of airline distribution.
The Best of the Rest
- Vietnam start-up Bamboo Airways completes first commercial flight
- Cathay Pacific sells first-class tickets at economy rates again
- Airlines cancel hundreds of flights as 'dangerous' cold blasts US
- Amadeus booking system flaw could have exposed info on millions
- Qantas has a new solution to flight overbooking
- Lufthansa topples Air France as Europe’s biggest airline after 14 years