Flights produced 859 million tonnes of carbon dioxide and 5.7 million tonnes of passenger waste in 2017. There's a lot of talk about biofuels and new aircraft, but small actions can also make air travel more sustainable.
Airlines need to reduce weight, wastage and costs. Here are 7 ideas to make it happen.
- Sell branded reusable drink bottles
- Partner up with green transportation providers
- Go paperless
- Scrap your duty-free or make it eco-friendly
- Enforce stricter baggage policies
- Introduce pre-ordered meals
- Fill up those seats!
Feel free to download this infographic as a PDF.
Let's all work towards a more eco-friendly future for air travel.