It's been an interesting and eventful year for aviation, with news such as new long-haul flights, the fall of several low-cost airlines and many technological developments. But before we consider what 2019 will bring, we'd like to look back at the topics that struck a chord with Yieldr readers this year.
Here are Yieldr's most-read articles of 2018.
10. Your Guide to Global Distribution Systems
We created a quick guide to take you through the past, present and future of global distribution systems.
9. Infographic – The Most Popular Passenger Service Systems
What makes the world go round? Some say love, some say money, but for airlines, it's passenger service systems.
8. Infographic – Which Airlines Have the Highest Backorders?
Passenger growth is on the rise and so are aircraft orders. We compared the aircraft backorders of airlines to their fleet sizes to calculate the growth rates.
7. The World's Most Sustainable Airlines of 2018, According to the DJSI
Sustainability is a big deal. Which airlines are making the most positive impact when it comes to sustainability and going green?
6. What Does the Future Hold for OTAs and Airlines?
It's time for a change, and the success of online travel agencies (OTAs) might diminish in the near future. What does it all mean for airlines?
5. 3 Mistakes Your Marketing and Revenue Management Teams Are Making
Marketing and RM teams are both critical to an airline's success. But there are 3 mistakes they often make when it comes to working together.
4. Infographic – Which Airlines Are the Best at Filling Seats?
This infographic reveals the top 3 full service carriers and top 3 low-cost carriers for load factor in 2017. Who made it to the top?
3. Infographic – Which Airlines Have Big Fleet Growth Planned?
We were curious about which airline fleets will be growing in the near future, so we found the airlines with the biggest fleet growth per region.
2. Infographic – Meet the Low-Cost Airlines of the World
We rounded up 49 low-cost airlines with information about their fleet sizes, destinations and technology, all in one handy infographic.
1. The Relationship Between Airlines and Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)
Airlines were some of the founders of OTAs. Despite this, the relationship between airlines and OTAs has soured over time. What happened?
Did you get a chance to read these articles? Is there something you'd like us to cover? Send us your suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish you a happy and successful 2019!